We look forward to welcoming you back for treatments. Things will look a little different with your visit to the clinic. There are new guidelines set out by the Ministry of Health, Public Health Ontario, and the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario that we are required to follow. Below are our new policies to ensure your experience at the clinic is of the highest standards of care and safety.
- All clients will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire that is sent in the email/text reminder 24hrs prior to arriving for the appointment. This must be done before every visit.
- Upon arrival, another verbal pre-screen will be done to confirm there has been no change your COVID-19 status. A non-contact temperature reading will also taken prior to treatment.
- If a client does not pass this basic COVID-19 screening, we will be required to reschedule your appointment for a time when you are symptom free.
- Both therapist and client must wear a clean and properly fitting mask (must be covering mouth AND nose at all times).
- Please have your mask on prior to entering the office and leave it on until you have left the building. If you are not sure how to properly wear a mask, you can check out this video for further instruction. How To Properly Wear A Mask.
- My family is high-risk; therefore I will not be treating clients that are unable to wear a mask for any reason. Clients that uncover their mouth or nose during treatment will not be rescheduled.
- We encourage you to bring your own, however they will be available at the clinic for the purchase of $1.00 if needed.
ARRIVAL FOR APPOINTMENT:
- When you arrive at the office you are required use hand sanitizer prior to entering the treatment room and again after you leave your appointment.
- We ask that you come to the office as close to your scheduled appointment as possible without running late. This is to ensure we maintain physical distancing among clients.
- Please attend your appointment alone unless you require assistance.
- Contactless payment for debit and credit cards is the preferred method of payment. We encourage you to avoid paying with cash if possible.
*Please consider using debit rather than a credit card for payment as the transaction fee is significantly lower *
- The treatment room and high touch surfaces in the common areas are thoroughly cleaned & disinfected after each and every client.
- Only Health Canada approved disinfectants (PREempt & Lysol) are used. They are supported by evidence that they are likely to be effective and may be used against SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
- I will be monitoring my temperature as well as answering the pre-screening questions daily.
- To provide full transparency, my temperature and symptoms will be recorded daily on a whiteboard in my treatment room for clients to view.
- If I record a fever or answer yes to any of the pre-screening questions, I will cancel our appointment and follow the policies set out in my action plan for exposure.
ACTION PLAN FOR EXPOSURE:
- If I have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19, or experience symptoms I will be tested for the virus, cancel upcoming appointments and self-isolate until a negative result has been obtained.
- If a client has tested positive for COVID-19, I will work with the Public Health Unit to assist in the contact tracing of all clients/visitors to the office that may have been exposed. I will follow the advice of Public Health on my potential exposure and take their directive on continuation of work.
- If I test positive for COVID-19, I will work with Public Health to assist in the contact tracing of all clients/visitors to the office that may have been exposed. I will continue to self-isolate until I am cleared of the infection. All appointments will be promptly cancelled during this time. On the advice from Public Health I will stay home until 24hrs after symptom resolution.
- A deep clean of the office will be done prior to my return to work.
- A roster of all people entering the space (including their name and phone number) will be kept confidentially to assist with contact tracing, should someone who visited the office later be diagnosed with COVID-19.
- If visitors wish they can refuse to provide their name and telephone number.
- The cancellation fee will be waived if your appointment needs to be cancelled with less than 24hrs (including at time of appointment) if you or someone in your household have developed Covid-19 symptoms.